Prolong Your Cat's Life
Twinbrook Veterinary Hospital provides a full range of preventive care services to help your cat live a longer, happier life. Preventive care allows for the early detection of health problems before they become severe and costly.
Our veterinarians make their annual preventive care recommendations based on the guidelines established by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) and the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and take into consideration your cat's hereditary factors, age, medical history and lifestyle.
Our recommendations for feline annual preventive care include:
- Annual Physical Examination at which time our staff will take a complete medical history, make nutrition recommendations, assess behavior, and review any known medical conditions, as well as offer comprehensive screening tests to aid in early diagnosis of disease.
- Vaccination recommendations include core vaccines Rabies and Feline Distemper. Your veterinarian may also suggest the Feline Leukemia vaccine for indoor/outdoor cats.
- Parasite Control Products for prevention of heartworm disease, intestinal parasites as well as fleas and ticks. Controlling these parasites protects your cat and also your family.
- Diagnostic Testing to check for Feline Leukemia and/or Feline AIDS (FeLV/FIV), as well as heartworm disease or other intestinal parasites. We also offer annual wellness blood work to identify problems not commonly found during a physical exam.
- Our veterinarians will also discuss other services, such as dental care or microchipping, and answer any questions you might have regarding your cat's health.