Prolong Your Dog's Life
Twinbrook Veterinary Hospital provides a full range of preventive care services to help your dog live a longer, happier life. Preventive care allows for the early detection of health problems before they become severe and costly.
Our veterinarians make their annual preventive care recommendations based on the guidelines established by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). We then customize our recommendations based on your dog’s hereditary factors, age, medical history and lifestyle.
Annual preventive care for dogs includes:
- Annual Physical Examination at which time our staff will take a complete medical history, make nutrition recommendations, assess behavior, and review any known medical conditions as well as offer comprehensive screening tests to aid in early diagnosis of disease.
- Vaccines based on your dog’s lifestyle and/or breed. Core Vaccines include Rabies, Distemper and Leptosirosis. Our veterinarians may also recommended additional vaccines such as Lyme, Bordetella (Kennel Cough) and Influenza.
- Parasite Control Products to control parasites such as heartworms and intestinal parasites, as well as fleas and ticks. Controlling these parasites helps protect your dog and your family members from easily transmitted parasites.
- Diagnostic Testing to confirm the absence of heartworms or other internal parasites and early disease screening tests to help identify any internal issues which cannot be detected during a thorough physical exam.
- Our veterinarians will also discuss other services, such as dental care or microchipping, and answer any questions you might have regarding your dog's health.